YEC Circuit Breaker Replacement
The Yukon Energy Corporation is the main generator and transmitter of electrical energy in the Yukon. The 34.5 kV Circuit Breakers Installation project consisted of the removal and salvage of five 34.5 kV circuit breakers and the subsequent installation & commissioning of five new Schneider 34.5 kV circuit breaker replacements at two different substations: Whitehorse Substation and McIntyre Substation.
Work for the project consists of:
- Remove & dispose of the existing system
- Supply & install steelwork
- Install new breakers on existing foundations
- Modify overhead aerial connections; wiring to existing panels
- Commissioning & testing new equipment